[pytest-dev] Testing pytest releases using devpi and CI servers

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Fri Jan 15 00:15:37 EST 2016

Hey,

* Bruno Oliveira <nicoddemus at gmail.com> [2016-01-15 00:15:39 +0000]:
> I created a small repository[1] which only contains appveyor and travis
> scripts which simply use "devpi test" to test and publish results for the
> pytest 2.8.5 release[2] in Travis and AppVeyor.

Thanks! This is about what I imagined when talking about it in the
Hangout. I wanted to write a more detailed proposal to the ML but
never got to it ;)

As I said there, the devpi part was the most painful point of doing
the release for me (not because of devpi directly, I think). I had to
set it up on multiple machines, and had various trouble ([1]) which
nobody else seems to be having, which why I'd like a reproducible
environment.

[1] https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/1114
    https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/1115
    https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/1116