[pytest-dev] release process feature/master merge

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Sat Feb 13 12:02:31 EST 2016

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 16:46 +0000, Bruno Oliveira wrote:
> Hi Holger,
>
> On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 2:14 PM holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > i suggest we move to the following git related procedure for doing
> > feature releases:
> >
> > - merge from master to make sure all bugfixes are in
> > - release from feature, also tag the release
> > - merge feature into master which now becomes the new bugfix line
> >

> I agree, it makes sense.
>

> > So i am hoping pytest-2.9 is not too far out but
> > also suggest to avoid this race condition with the above procedure.
> >

> I'm under the impression that 2.9 is meant to be released this week.

You mean this weekend or the coming couple of days?

I guess it's ok although if it drags any further i'd very much
appreciate if someone could "backport" the doc changes such that we can
push it to pytest.org rather sooner -- after all it's about
getting some of the ~37K monthly users to the site to donate.

best,
holger