[pytest-dev] 3.0 next week?

Bruno Oliveira nicoddemus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 19:01:46 EDT 2016

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 9:27 AM Florian Bruhin <me at the-compiler.org> wrote:

> I just tried the current features branch with the qutebrowser
> testsuite, and noticed various things, roughly ordered by importance:
>
> - I get a RecursionError in pluggy during teardown of one of my
>   fixtures: https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/1794

This one seems pretty serious, I will try to take a look tomorrow.

- pytest-bdd breaks in multiple ways, and I gave up trying to get it
>   to work: https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest-bdd/pull/193
>
> - pytest-{cov,rerunfailures,repeat} cause a DeprecationWarning by
>   passing a string argument to addoption:
>   https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest-repeat/pull/11
>   https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest-cov/pull/127
>   https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest-rerunfailures/pull/36

Nice work on the PRs! :)

It would be nice of the authors of those plugins to publish a new release
before pytest-3.0 is out.

> I also retargeted some, and added comments for others where I was
> unsure. Let's clean this up :)

I agree, and thanks for taking the time to comment and review all the
issues! :)

Cheers,
Bruno.