[pytest-dev] pytest overall execution timeout option

Floris Bruynooghe flub at devork.be
Wed Apr 20 12:34:08 EDT 2016

On 20 April 2016 at 15:07, Shankar Hiremath
<shankarhiremath2006 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Floris,
>
> Thank you for the suggestion, can you please give me few pointers or guidenace to start with (i am relatively new to pytest plugin development)
> i will try to implement and send the pull request.

First it should be added to pytest_addoption and pytest_configure,
then new hooks for pytest_sessionstart and pytest_sessionfinish would
need to be added to do something similar to what timeout_setup does
now.  There are some edge cases to thing about, like how to deal with
both global and the current timeouts etc.