[pytest-dev] Test support for Python micro versions?

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Sun May 24 22:36:07 CEST 2015

Hello!

I'm looking for information about how to run py.test (or rather tox)
on micro versions of Python releases (the micro version being part C
in the full versioning scheme A.B.C, i.e. major.minor.micro, see also
https://docs.python.org/devguide/devcycle.html).

I've put a well-known search engine at work and have searched on
pytest.org, but haven't been really successful. Is this a non-feature
or just considered a non-issue? The latter would be surprising to me
as Python micro releases have recently shown what I'd call significant
changes, e.g. those concerning SSL between 2.7.8 and 2.7.9.

So AFAICT it would be helpful to be able to run something like this:

   tox -e py278 py279 py2710

Any clues are highly appreciated, thanks!

Cheers,

Dinu