[pytest-dev] Trove Classifier for pytest plugins

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Thu Jun 18 23:49:28 CEST 2015

In a message of Thu, 18 Jun 2015 04:03:05 -0000, Bruno Oliveira writes:
>Hi,
>
>Recently Jason R. Coombs proposed to create an specific trove classifier
>for pytest plugins:
>
>https://github.com/pytest-dev/plugincompat/issues/16
>
>One benefit is that it would make it easier for people to find pytest
>plugins, as the recommended approach of searching for "pytest-" named
>packages leaves some of the existing plugins out.
>
>I like the idea, but would like to hear from the people here first.

I just discovered, grrr, half way through writing a plugin, that
it already existed.  I didn't even know about searching for
pytest -

and it wouldn̈́'t have found the one that I didn't need to write a second
in any event.

So I think this is a great idea.  I see no downside at all.

What would it be?

Laura