[pytest-dev] 2.8.0 release plan? 2.7.2?

Floris Bruynooghe flub at devork.be
Thu Jun 18 07:06:35 CEST 2015

On 17 June 2015 at 05:31, Bruno Oliveira <nicoddemus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Do we have an idea of when we would like have a 2.8.0 release, or at
> least what we would like to see in the new version?

Nope, maybe the pluggy dependency?  But not sure if that was the plan.

> And about 2.7.2?

I think we should release that as soon as the python 3.5 compatibility
is sorted.  I'm on holiday for a few days though so won't get to look
at this again until mid-next week (but don't let that stop someone
else ;-)).

I think Ronny had some 2.7.2 plans as well or wanted it soon for some reason?

> I see
> there are a couple of fixes that are in master but should be backported to
> pytest-2.7 branch before making a 2.7.2 release.

Hmm, if they where fixes I guess they should have gone to 2.7 right
away.  Sometimes the line is a bit blurry though.  It obviously
doesn't matter much if 2.8 overtakes 2.7.2, so if there's nothing
important that needs to happen for 2.8 then that would be fine too.

Regards,
Floris