[pytest-dev] Releases

Floris Bruynooghe flub at devork.be
Tue Aug 25 17:34:40 CEST 2015

On 25 August 2015 at 14:10, Floris Bruynooghe <flub at devork.be> wrote:
> On 25 August 2015 at 12:58, Bruno Oliveira <nicoddemus at gmail.com> wrote:

>> How about:
>>
>> * Create a script which fetches the latest pluggy version, and installs it
>> into `_pytest.vendor.pluggy`;
>> * Add `_pytest.vendor.pluggy` to version control
>> * Update all references in pytest from `pluggy` to `_pytest.vendor.pluggy`;
>> * Remove the dependency from `setup.py`;

Actually your proposal is much easier to implement and the only real
downside is that distributions will have a harder time un-bundling it.
Not sure how big a deal that is.  But this approach is fine to me, it
would still allow for an optional bunch of setup.py trickery to skip
installing the vendored pluggy later if needed.

Regards,
Floris