[pytest-dev] EP2015 -- Bilbao CFP ends today

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Apr 14 10:36:06 CEST 2015

* Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> [2015-04-14 10:24:57 +0200]:
> I would like to submit something (assuming submissions close at the end of
> today), about adopt pytest month. But I am not sure if to put more of a
> technical focus (tidbits in applying pytest to existing projects with
> legacy or no tests), or community/process, or a mix.

I'm the maintainer of one of the projects[1] signed up for adopt
pytest month - I think it's a very interesting idea from the
community/process view of things. I'd like to see a similiar thing in
other projects (say, Sphinx[2]) too and really like the idea!

As for the technical side, I don't know if this would be much
different than a "why should you use pytest?" talk (i.e. talking about
fixtures, plain asserts, parametrization, etc.). It's definitely an
interesting aspect too, but I'm not sure whether it's suitable for a
longer talk - so I'd say go for a mixture of both!

Florian

[1] http://www.qutebrowser.org/ for the curious
[2] http://www.sphinx-doc.org/