[pytest-dev] Branches and pull request workflow

Floris Bruynooghe flub at devork.be
Mon Apr 13 09:51:32 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 13 April 2015 at 07:49, Anatoly Bubenkov <bubenkoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> to leave feature branches in people's repo only, you need to manually
import diffs instead of merging, otherwise branch will be automatically
transfered to main repo
> or may be you mean that after merging feature branch is closed
immediately, but the branch is still there, just marked as closed

Yes, upon merging the feature branch gets into the main repo but it should
indeed be immediately closed there.  Currently there's a number of branches
and not immediately clear which ones are meant to be there and which ones
where not closed but should have been.

(Personally I'd argue for using bookmarks rather then branches but due to
bitbucket's poor support of them I was alone in that position last time.)

Floris