[pytest-dev] pytest logo previews / please check drafts out

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Tue May 20 15:46:26 CEST 2014

Hey Laura,

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 15:18 +0200, Laura Creighton wrote:
> In a message of Tue, 20 May 2014 08:12:30 -0000, holger krekel writes:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >The competition for the new pytest logo has one week to go and we
> >can feedback to designers. See here for current design drafts:
> >
> >http://www.12designer.com/en/project/11977/details/Logo-logo-design-for-a-tool-for-testing-computer-software/
> >
> >My current favorites are #4 and #5 but i also like a few others.
> >Any comments/feedback welcome.
> >
> >best,
> >holger
>
> For what is it worth ...

thanks, it is valuable to me!  And nice to hear form you.

> I'd like the image in #4 and #5 the best, but would like it better if the
> pipes were colour coded the way errors/skips are in pytest.  The other
> images mostly do not look 'simple' or 'elegant' enough for my taste.
>
> I like the effect of having 'py' in one colour and 'test' in another, as
> the same artist who did #4 and #5 did in #3.  But I would prefer if
> 'pytest' were all lower case.

Just also mailed to Tarek, designs #29-#32 go in this direction i think.
With pytest runs we use red/yellow these days (although mostly red).
Apart from the foreground color which might be black or white.
I do like the blue from the "vgroup" designs although pytest
is not using it (yet? :).

best,
holger