[pytest-dev] pytest logo previews / please check drafts out

Harald Armin Massa[legacy] haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Tue May 20 10:43:05 CEST 2014

Hi,

I do not understand the panflute-motive that is dominating the
designs. Can somebody please enlighten the LightningTalkMan?

While enlightning: what ist the reason behind the first "P" of Pytest
a capital letter, as for me pytesting something has more a "function",
"method" appeal than a "Class"-appeal.

#5; with the panflute only having one and a half family of colours.

I think putting a claim  ("helps you...") into a logo is a challenge -
it is allways hard to keep that claim readable in various scalings.
Anyway, #4 and #5 would surely also work without the claim :)

Harald

> Hi all,
>
> The competition for the new pytest logo has one week to go and we
> can feedback to designers. See here for current design drafts:
>
> http://www.12designer.com/en/project/11977/details/Logo-logo-design-for-a-tool-for-testing-computer-software/
>
> My current favorites are #4 and #5 but i also like a few others.
> Any comments/feedback welcome.
>
> best,
> holger

LightningTalkMan