[pytest-dev] Encouraging the use of bookmarks rather then branches

Floris Bruynooghe flub at devork.be
Thu Aug 14 23:57:14 CEST 2014

On 13 August 2014 17:11, Anatoly Bubenkov <bubenkoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, it's important to keep the contributing workflow simple and user
> friendly. With the need of getting the commit hash on every PR change it
> makes the process very annoying IMHO.

True, it would be nicer if bitbucket did this properly.  Also worth
noting maybe that when you create a PR on bitbucket from a branch with
multiple heads it will default to the tip, which given that you've
probably just pushed this is more often then not the correct one.

Seems like on average the response is fairly negative, unless my
explanations suddenly blew away your reservations but I doubt that.
So let's leave it until bitbucket finally supports PRs from bookmarks
properly (if ever, at EuroPython they couldn't say it was for the
scheduled future though recognised it was a bit rubbish).

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom