[py-dev] [hpk42/pytest] using --looponfail with tests that forks leaves processes lieing around (issue #211)

Alex Gaynor issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Sun Oct 28 08:05:38 CET 2012

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 211: using --looponfail with tests that forks leaves processes lieing around
https://bitbucket.org/hpk42/pytest/issue/211/using-looponfail-with-tests-that-forks

Alex Gaynor:

If you have a test uses `os.fork()` and run it with `--looponfail` from pytest-xdist then you will get a bunch of processes leaked. These processes just sit around waiting for a lock (as far as I can tell), and hog a bunch of RAM. I'm not sure what the right fix is, but right not it means every once in a while I have to kill all the processes to free up memory!

(This is currently observed with pytest 2.2.4.dev2 from pypy, and pytest-xdist 1.8, I'll try with newer versions once PyPy either upgrades are removes the hardcoded pytest).

following the issue.