[py-dev] @pytest.setup as shortcut for @pytest.fixture(autouse=True)?

Ronny Pfannschmidt Ronny.Pfannschmidt at gmx.de
Fri Oct 26 22:19:50 CEST 2012

Hi Holger,

i think just having the name setup will make people
wonder about the teardown again

if i correctly recall the name setup did
cause people to misunderstand already
(expecting a teardown of some kind)

Unfortunately i cant think of a fit short name.

Names like requirement and prerequisite come to mind,
but those are longer and don't seem to fit as well as setup

i think in this case a confusing shortcut might
be worse than having to type it explicitly

-- Ronny