[py-dev] pytest-timeout 0.2

Brack, Laurent P. lpbrac at dolby.com
Tue Mar 20 17:43:46 CET 2012

Hi Holger,

I am not saying there is anything wrong with the way xdist is handling a node going down
at this point. the -n 1 was just my attempt to see if the timeout plugin would behave
differently when running the test out of process.

I think it did, as pytest did not exit the way it does without xdist ... it just ran out of nodes
this time and could not carry forward.

> Coming to think of it, the xdist plugin might also do "timeout" handling
> and send a keyboard interrupt from the outside to a running node.

I think this is a good way of handling this. As Floris pointed out, there is always a danger
of using signal (right now his marker allows to switch modes on a per test basis which is
a good thing).

> I am interested in OpenStack but you can you detail a bit more of what
> you want to achieve?

I will start a separate thread - OpenStack (as it is somewhat unrelated to the timeout subject).

/Laurent