[py-dev] pytest-timeout 0.2

Floris Bruynooghe flub at devork.be
Sat Mar 17 18:31:34 CET 2012

Hi all,

I've made a second release of the pytest-timeout plugin for py.test
which can time out long running tests.  This release includes a number
of suggestions made on this list, major changes include:

* Fixed the activation problem
* Set timeout using configuration file
* Add a timeout marker to modify timeout of one item
* The marker can also choose the method (signal/thread)
* Renamed --nosigalrm to --timeout_method to future proof adding of
eventlet and gevent timeout methods
* Works on python 3, tested on 2.6, 2.7 and 3.2

Not yet done:

* Automatic enabling of the plugin, you still need to enable it on the
command line or configuration file before you can use the marker.
This was probably a bad idea but I felt bad about stealing a marker by
default.
* eventlet and gevent timeouts

As before the release is on pypi:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pytest-timeout and the development
repository and issue tracker on bitbucket:
https://bitbucket.org/flub/pytest-timeout/

I'd be pleased to receive any further feedback you may have.

Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom