[py-dev] Status of py.test's unit tests now ?

Pere Martir pere.martir4 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 01:32:36 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Ronny Pfannschmidt
<Ronny.Pfannschmidt at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 10/27/2011 01:54 PM, Pere Martir wrote:
>> By the way, where is the CI server please ?
> http://hudson.testrun.org/job/pytest/

It seems to be a problem specific to Mac OS X. Since there is no Mac
OS X slave, I suppose that the unit tests on this platform has not
been paid much attention ?

It's strange that if I only executed a subset of unit tests with -k,
they don't fail. For example:

  python pytest.py -k TestGenerator

But as you can see in the attachment of my previous post, they failed.
It's also true for many other test suites, any clue ?

By the way, I fixed a problem. The failure of
TestSession.test_parsearg is because on Mac OS X /var is actually a
symbolic link of /private/var, and many other path under /. Patching
TmpDir to return realpath fixes the problem. This doesn't fix many
failures. "tox -e py26" still blocks at test_pdb forever, for example.

I feel like that the other failures are due to the other bugs. Is it
worthwhile spending time looking at the code ? Or it's probably the
problem of my configuration/environment (not the source code) ?