[py-dev] renaming py and py.test, worth it?

Sridhar Ratnakumar sridharr at activestate.com
Tue Jul 13 17:16:52 CEST 2010

  I won't mind at this. But as a forewarning it may be a good idea to
first provide DeprecationWarning in the next few releases before doing a
rename. Something like:

     "DeprecationWarning: The `py.test` package is being deprecated;
starting from release 1.5.0 it will be renamed to `xxtest`. Please visit
http://xxtest.org/migration-from-py.test.html for details on migration"

-srid