[py-dev] Testing and Coverage against different python interpreter versions

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Wed Apr 21 10:34:02 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 18:23 +1000, James Mills wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 6:15 PM, meme dough <memedough at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have written a new pytest coverage plugin from the ground up to
> > fully support distributed testing since both pytest and coverage
> > provide good support for doing this.  Plus it gives access to pretty
> > much everything that coverage has that I know about.
>
> Do you have a link to this at all ?
> Do you intend to maintain and support this new plugin ?
>
> I'm happy to drop the one I maintain on bitbucket in favor of yours if need be.

Let's discuss and review things when they are there.

> > I had not thought of the case you suggest where it may be desirable to
> > instruct the plugin to actually combine the results from each slave
> > where each slave has run all tests.
> >
> > I will consider this further.
>
> Please do as this is an important use-case ihmo (and others agree).

I often run tests on multiple platforms and i'd appreciate a combined coverage
report.  Moreover, i'd like to see how to then only report skips when they
were skipped on all platforms.  This way it'd be easy to identify which
platform/interpreter is missing in the testing mix by looking at remaining
skips.

cheers,
holger