[py-dev] new parametrized tests / deprecating yield

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Wed May 13 20:19:14 CEST 2009

Hi folks,

for those not following my blog, here is my post
about the newstyle generative tests which are
to substitute and improve on "yield" based tests,
among other parametrization methods:

    http://tetamap.wordpress.com/2009/05/13/parametrizing

Hope to get another py.test beta out next week that would
contain this.  I am still set to finish refining and
documenting extension hooks ... the above was part of that
effort although i originally planned the "parametrizing" hook
as a post 1.0 feature.

Anyway, let me know what you think - there is still time to do
some adjustments or changes especially to funcargs.

cheers,

Metaprogramming, Python, Testing: http://tetamap.wordpress.com
Python, PyPy, pytest contracting: http://merlinux.eu