[py-dev] 1.0.2 released / some 1.1 planning notes

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Thu Aug 27 12:17:57 CEST 2009

Hi all,

i just released a pylib/py.test 1.0.2 fixing a number of
packaging issues, triggered by fedora packaging issues.
I also added a link to the new pytest_django plugin.
see the plugin index at http://pylib.org

FYI i am currently refactoring and simplifying the code of
pylib/py.test and aim for cleaned up mostly-compatible to
1.1 release next month:

* featuring cpython 2.4 through to 3.1, jython + pypy compatilibty.

* moving the tests out of the lib itself

* introducing a way to specify what tests belong to a module/directory
  (see recent RFC mails)

* relicensing to LGPL

I'd also like to get the 1.1 flagged issues in the tracker resolved, see

http://bitbucket.org/hpk42/py-trunk/issues/?status=new&status=open

cheers,

Metaprogramming, Python, Testing: http://tetamap.wordpress.com
Python, PyPy, pytest contracting: http://merlinux.eu