[py-dev] building reusable testsuites

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Tue Aug 18 18:58:37 CEST 2009

Hey Ronny,

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 13:06 +0200, Ronny Pfannschmidt wrote:
> while building the testsuite of anyvc
> i noticed i need a way to enable others
> to use my testsuite for backends on their own code
> in order to test/validate 3rd party backends.
>
> Right now i don't think its possible,
> please lets discuss possible solutions.

given that this other person has a "mybackend.py" file maybe running:

    py.test mybackend.py

could look at __testfiles__ in the module which would
reference the tests you think each backend needs to pass?
(see my recent RFC here on the list).  The tests would
require a function argument that could be setup
by the mybackend.py file or within a conftest.py.

best,

Metaprogramming, Python, Testing: http://tetamap.wordpress.com
Python, PyPy, pytest contracting: http://merlinux.eu