[py-dev] 0.9.1 progress

Guido Wesdorp johnny at johnnydebris.net
Tue Mar 11 11:09:06 CET 2008

Hello!

Since I'm rather busy, progress on the py lib release has been slow, but
not entirely fruitless: I wrote a script that grabs the 0.9 branch and a
list of revisions, then gets a diff from the trunk for each of those
revisions, extracts patches from the diffs and applies them
incrementally (updating the branch on each revision). Then, for each
revision, after the patches are applied, the tests are run.

This script seems to work nicely, I've played around a bit and if I only
apply the bugfix releases I end up with a fully working working copy
(iow: all tests pass after application of the last patch). When I also
do all small features (simple changes that required one or two checkins
directly on the trunk), I have one single exception somewhere in
py.test, can't remember the exact details but it seemed easy enough to
fix. When I also apply all merges (so larger features that were
developed on a branch and merged to the trunk) I get a failure on the
'less threads for execnet' feature (merged in rev. 45539), I didn't
investigate in detail yet, as I think merging this is out of scope for
0.9.1 anyway.

So here comes my question: do you guys agree to just apply the bugfix
revisions (see one of my previous mails on py-dev for the exact list -
it's the 'bugfixes/refactorings' part)? And if not, which revisions do
you want to have in 0.9.1 besides the ones mentioned in the list?

I'll be spending tomorrow (wednesday) on applying the bugfixes, and will
check the results in on a branch. If all goes well, the branch should be
ready for release (although some testing first would be nice, of course
:) tomorrow evening.

Cheers,

Guido