[py-dev] svn st --xml support for py.path - progress

Guido Wesdorp johnny at johnnydebris.net
Fri Aug 8 09:21:09 CEST 2008

holger krekel wrote:
>> Also tested SVN 1.5 on Windows XP, which fails, but that also happens
>> with trunk...
>>

> could you attach a textual log of the failures?

Hrmph, not easily, but I'll do my best (nice to work on a platform where
e.g. copy/paste from a console doesn't work)...

> did you get to check the degraded test speed?

Ah, right, did that just now... I fear the problem is that SVN
interaction is just slow, there's a test (test_status_conflict) that
takes about 7 seconds to run on my machine, while I don't think it does
anything unexpected... It just creates a second wc, checks out the repo,
does some writes and commits and checks for conflicts, which I guess is
what it _should_ do. I already changed it so that it doesn't build its
own repo anymore, but still it takes a _long_ time to run - i fear the
problem is just SVN. :(

Cheers,

Guido