[py-dev] Fwd: [py-svn] r29699 - in py/dist/py/test: . testing

Brian Dorsey brian at dorseys.org
Thu Jul 6 19:06:51 CEST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: hpk at codespeak.net <hpk at codespeak.net>
<snip>
> Log:
> refine recursive and file filters for directories.
> follow the documentaiton (thanks to Fijal for pointing
> at the documentation inconsistency, i think that
> the 'whatever_test.py' convention is not actually used much)

Hmm... I use the 'whatever_test.py' format for all of my tests. I
admit, that I'm a bit strange, but somehow I like having the test
files right next to the module files since I always edit them in
pairs. Using the test_whatever.py format, all of the tests get sorted
together rather than right next to the files they are actually a test
of.

But, like I said, I'm a bit strange... I think most people like to
keep their tests in a separate directory?

Take care,
  -Brian