[py-dev] py.test exit code 0 even on failure

Michael Twomey micktwomey at gmail.com
Sat May 14 11:31:16 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've been plugging py.test into darc's automatic test features and
I've found that py.test doesn't appear to exit with anything other
than a 0, even when there are failures. This means that darcs won't
notice that there were test failures on my commits. I haven't verified
that this is the case on anything other than my mac.

The following patch makes py.test exit with a 1 when there are
problems (or at least a list of stuff returned by main). This works
for me, though I'm sure there is a better spot/way to do this.

cheers,
  mick