[py-dev] keyword selection

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Fri May 13 21:40:01 CEST 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 14:29 -0500, Ian Bicking wrote:
> I was a little surprised with the keyword "worse" didn't match the test
> "test_worse_upload".  I'd have expected "test_" to be redundant.  But
> I'd probably expect "upload" to also match that test; I think I'd
> normally expect that it would match "words", with words indicated by _'s
> or mixed case.  And actually I can imagine that for this test I'm
> writing -- I have several tests for CSV uploads, and several for uploads
> in general, and it seems natural to use the keyword "csv" for one and
> "upload" for the other.
>
> But this is just selecting a single test in a larger module; I haven't
> tried it for larger sets of tests, so it might feel more natural there.
>  Either way requiring "test_" seems unnecessary.

I agree that is quite unsatisfactory. Did you see

    http://codespeak.net/pipermail/py-dev/2005-May/000357.html

where i asked for comments about test selection support?
I would be most interested in your opinion.  The presented ideas
should not be too hard to implement but i'd like to get some
feedback before actually doing it.

cheers,