[py-dev] Strange failure with py.test - too much magic?

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Fri Jan 28 19:23:55 CET 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 12:14 -0600, Ian Bicking wrote:
> Paul Moore wrote:
> >I thought I'd give py.test a try. So I grabbed the code from the
> >Subversion repository and wrote a little test file, which just did an
> >assert 1=0. I don't expect the test to succeed :-)
>
> This is invalid syntax, you meant:
>
>   assert 1 == 0
>
> Though it's not the best error message that you got.

Yes, that is indeed true.  SyntaxErrors and ImportErrors of
test files are totally utterly ugly at the moment.  The thing is
that there is an upcoming refactoring of the "collection process"
on the todo list which will change reporting details anyway ...
and i am a bit caught up in other activities at the moment.