[py-dev] Strange failure with py.test - too much magic?

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 19:13:08 CET 2005

I thought I'd give py.test a try. So I grabbed the code from the
Subversion repository and wrote a little test file, which just did an
assert 1=0. I don't expect the test to succeed :-)

I added the dist-py directory to PYTHONPATH, and ran
dist-py\py\bin\pytest.cmd test_pytest.py.

And got the attached result.

What does all that mean?!?! I expected something a bit more straightforward.

I'm running on Windows XP Pro, with Python 2.4 and py.test from Subversion.

Paul.

PS Is it possible to use py.test apart from the rest of the py
library? I'm not interested in the XML stuff, or execnet, and while
greenlets sound cool, I don't want to package them up with my testing
framework...