[py-dev] error building greenlets

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Aug 29 11:53:01 CEST 2005

Hi Alain & Bob,

On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 03:08:56PM +0200, Alain Poirier wrote:
> Hmm, I don't see why "ebx" in the clobbered is essential for a code compiled
> without -fPIC ?

I believe that 'ebx' is supposed to be a callee-saved register (like 'esi'
and 'edi') in the non-PIC compilation modes.

I have no clue about the PPC's 'r31' in non-PIC mode.

Now maybe we can just forget about non-PIC modes for the greenlet
extension module, with big warnings that this code needs to get the
'ebx' again if it is used in projects that are not compiled in this
mode, like Stackless (where it comes from).

A bientot,

Armin