[py-dev] towards a 0.8.0 release!

Jens-Uwe Mager jum at anubis.han.de
Sun Apr 24 23:07:34 CEST 2005

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 22:10 +0200, holger krekel wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 11:50 -0700, Brian Dorsey wrote:
> >
> > That said... I'm probably not a normal windows user... I doubt most
> > windows users even have svn in their path. ;)
>
> Hum, i see.  What is a proper way to get at the location
> of such a binary on win32?

The canonical way would be to look for certain popular ssh
implementations in the registry about their install location. But
accessing the registry requires the win32 python extensions, which are
optional as well.

And then the binary might not even be named ssh, for example with the
popular PuTTY package the command line remote exec utility is named
plink.exe.

--
Jens-Uwe Mager	<pgp-mailto:F476EBC2>