[py-dev] background/future plans

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Fri Oct 1 20:09:51 CEST 2004

holger krekel wrote:
>     .path.local  the local filesystem class providing an
>                  object oriented OO API for filesystem accesses
>
>     .path.svnurl the remote subversion URL class providing
>                  listdir(), update(), remove(), ...
>                  methods for accesses to the transactional
>                  subversion filesystem
>
>     .path.svnwc  a local working copy API offering most of what
>                  path.local offers plus commit(), revert(), add()
>                  etc.pp.

Do you have thoughts on the path module
(http://www.jorendorff.com/articles/python/path/).  I've used it before
some (mostly I forget to use it), and it's pretty complete.  My only
criticism might be that there's a few too many methods to keep track of.
  Anyway, it's close but not identical to path.local, and it's been used
and had feedback from a fair number of people.