[py-dev] failing unit tests

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Sat Nov 27 14:41:02 CET 2004

Hi Martijn,

[Martijn Faassen Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 02:21:42PM +0100]
> holger krekel wrote:
> > I saw you introduced some references to unittest.py
> >which i usually avoided to not confuse people who don't know
> >anything about testing so far.  But by now i guess (and Ian said this
> >earlier already) it's probably better to mention it every now and then
> >for developers coming from unittest.py.
>
> I know one reference, somewhat obscurely, was already there, and I
> improved it. Then I probably added one or two more. I think it makes
> sense to reference unittest.py as naturally many new people will be
> coming from that.

Yes.

> By the way, I don't know what procedure was used to regenerate the
> test.html so I didn't do that. I also don't know what your procedure is
> for updating the website. :)

It's done automatically on checkin :-)

You can check that you didn't add any problems by running py.test
on the doc directory (it contains a test which does the rest-translation
and fails if there are warnings or errors).

Alternatively you can run

    .../src/tool/rest.py  (or simply 'rest.py' if you "installed" the py
                           lib per a bashrc-source-in of py/env.py)

on the doc directory or a specific rest-file and it will
process it so can you view it in a browser by pointing to that
directory.

cheers,