[py-dev] py.path import hook for getpymodule()

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Wed Nov 10 16:56:20 CET 2004

Hi Armin,

[To py-dev at codespeak.net Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 12:14:20PM +0100]
> [Armin Rigo Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 09:33:42AM +0000]
> > On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 12:17:43AM +0100, holger krekel wrote:
> Hum.  But the py lib implementation files could be imported
> over getpymodule(), right?  Right now, py/initpkg.py performs
> this task for bootstrapping reasons but it could at least
> cooperate with getpymodule().

Hum, it seems after your recent commits they actually have to
cooperate.  For me 'py.test' doesn't currently work because
your new custom import tries to import 'py/__init__.py' but
this relies on a __path__ for its export definition to work.
Which is something that we don't provide.  If initpkg.py would
basically use the same mechanism than getpymodule() then this
wouldn't be a problem.

cheers,