[pypy-dev] M1 support?

M A teammember0x01 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 12:15:59 EDT 2021

Hello Andy,

I am currently working on M1 support. I keep my patches here: https://foss.heptapod.net/pypy/pypy/-/issues/3566. I was able to build an ARM64 binary of PyPy for M1 that did run a small prime number generator program I made. Unfortunately PyPy still crashes a lot.

I did talk to Armin Rigo about porting PyPy to M1 Macs. The only solution I see for him is to buy an M1 MacMini. Emulation of an M1 Mac is probably a decade away 😞 - so that is not an option. In the page you site there were people who volunteered ssh login support to their computers. If someone was willing to leave their computer on 24/7 then that option might work also.

Thank you.