[pypy-dev] Fwd: Python2.7 compatible PyPy 7.3.1 on Windows

Armin Rigo armin.rigo at gmail.com
Tue May 12 02:09:31 EDT 2020

Hi,

On Mon, 11 May 2020 at 19:24, Massimo Sala <massimo.sala.71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to install the Postgresql module psycopg2
> The installation of the source module fails ... suggesting
>     If you prefer to avoid building psycopg2 from source, please install the PyPI
>     'psycopg2-binary' package instead.

The binary package can't work, because it was compiled for CPython.

The source package fails to install because of this error (see psycopg2.log):

    Error: pg_config executable not found.

i suggest you check your installation.  My guess is that you need to
have a C compiler and have installed with the headers necessary to
compile programs using psycopg2.  I don't know if there is an issue
with the program pg_config on Windows.  Maybe look if there are
specific instructions about how to compile the psycopg2 Python package
from source on Windows (instructions written with CPython in mind, but
that probably work with PyPy too).

Alternatively, you should look for psycopg2cffi.

A bientôt,

Armin