[pypy-dev] PyPy3: is bytecode really incompatible between releases?

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 03:46:57 EDT 2019

On 20/10/19 10:01 am, Michał Górny wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation.  This answers my question.  Do you need me
> to file a bug for the ABI tag not changing in PyPy2, or will you take it
> from here?

I would like to confirm that in fact there is an issue: that the
c-extension shared objects are incompatible. I am not completely
convinced this is the case, at least my experimentation with NumPy
proved it indeed is *not* the case for PyPy2. I am open to hearing
opinions from others. Is there a concensus around whether we do need to
change the ABI designation? I think this would also require
recompilation of any CFFI shared objects on PyPy2.

Matti