[pypy-dev] Effort required to support (or ignore) type annotations?

Eli Stevens (Gmail) wickedgrey at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 14:26:08 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I've got a hobby project that I think would benefit from PyPy's pure-python
speedups. I've been using CPython 3.6 for the type-annotation-based IDE
hinting (nothing with a runtime impact).

Would it be possible to get a release of PyPy that supported the syntax of
type annotations? I wouldn't even need the language support, I don't think.

Format strings would be keen too, but those are easy enough to change out
to the old style that I'd be fine without support there.

Thanks for all the work that you've all sunk into PyPy over the years.  :)

Cheers,
Eli