[pypy-dev] bencher4 fialing own py3 builds

Armin Rigo armin.rigo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 15:44:00 EDT 2018

Hi Matti,

On 27 August 2018 at 18:38, Matti Picus <matti.picus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Own nightly builds on p3.5 are failing numerous cpyext tests. The problem
> seems to be related to the _cffi_backend module somehow hitting an assert at
> import, but I cannot reproduce the problem locally.

It reproduces if we run both test_buffer and test_translate together
(py.test test_buffer.py test_translate.py).

> Perhaps we should retire bencher4 and find another build machine, one
> that we can control a bit more?

It wouldn't be a bad idea.  Note that we should check again if it
would be OK to reinstall bencher4 in a way that we fully control
(including giving accounts to people at our discretion), which would
save us the trouble of looking elsewhere.  But maybe it still isn't
possible to do that...

A bientôt,

Armin.