[pypy-dev] Unable to compile cppyy with clang 4.0 or GCC 5.0

wlavrijsen at lbl.gov wlavrijsen at lbl.gov
Wed Jun 7 11:44:15 EDT 2017

Omer,

the package. Will get to that and that should refresh my memory enough to
see what is going on (I don't remember having to make the changes that you
posted in the diff, but that may be just my (lack of) memory).

In your case, I'd recommend to simply build ROOT using '-Dminimal=ON' as
an argument to cmake, which will already greatly reduce things. Then build
the cling wrapper from the PyPy repository (is a single .cxx) following
its make fragment. That should be enough: with the .so's in place, PyPy's
cppyy should work out-of-the-box.

Best regards,
            Wim
--