[pypy-dev] Unable to compile cppyy with clang 4.0 or GCC 5.0

wlavrijsen at lbl.gov wlavrijsen at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 5 17:09:45 EDT 2017

Omer,

> I tried to find the source code repository for the package in order to try
> to share my contributions to upgrade cling to 0.3 but I could not find it.
> If it doesn't exist can you please create one, preferably under the pypy
> project in Bitbucket?

the current version still has some dependencies left on ROOT: I thus used a
stripped-down version of it, mostly by removing sub-directories, but also
by trimming the modules (such as IO) that are still needed. I then added
the cppyy cxx sources from the PyPy repo. The Cling standalone release is
not yet used.

The numbering of 6.6.9 in PyPi refers to ROOT 6.06/09, so it's a release
behind current. I don't know whether current solves the compilation issues,
though, and I don't know whether standalone cling easily drops in there.

Best regards,
            Wim
--
WLavrijsen at lbl.gov    --    +1 (510) 486 6411    --    www.lavrijsen.net