[pypy-dev] Need to rebuild wheels for every pypy minor version

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 15:15:47 EDT 2017

Hi,

note that this is not because of PyPy: it's the wheel package which chooses
what to include in the wheel filename:
https://bitbucket.org/pypa/wheel/src/5d49f8cf18679d1bc6f3e1e414a5df3a1e492644/wheel/pep425tags.py?at=default&fileviewer=file-view-default#pep425tags.py-39

PyPy reports only the ABI version, which is pypy_41. This is probably wrong
for the opposite reasons, i.e. it claims it's backward compatible even when
it's not: https://bitbucket.org/pypy/pypy/issues/2613/fix-the-abi-tag

ciao,
Antonio

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 8:47 PM, Daniele Rolando <danielerolando90 at gmail.com