[pypy-dev] cppyy fails to build on gcc 5 and clang

Ryan Gonzalez rymg19 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 13:28:18 EST 2017

I think you misunderstood me. Your build log shows:

oberstet at thinkpad-t430s:~/scm/oberstet/scratchbox/cpp/capnproto/test1$ make
cpppypy

CC=`which clang` \
CXX=`which clang` \
CXXFLAGS="-std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++" \
LDFLAGS="-stdlib=libc++" \
MAKE_NPROCS=4 \
~/pypy-5.6-linux_x86_64-portable/bin/pip install --verbose PyPy-cppyy-backend

I'm saying to _remove_  the `-stdlib=libc++` that's currently there.

\--

Ryan (ライアン)

Yoko Shimomura > ryo (supercell/EGOIST) > Hiroyuki Sawano >> everyone else

<http://refi64.com/>

On Jan 17 2017, at 12:20 pm, wlavrijsen at lbl.gov wrote:

> Hi,

> On Tuesday 2017-01-17 18:03, Ryan Gonzalez wrote:
> What happens if you remove the `-stdlib=libc++`? Seems like that's where the
> Clang build error is coming from.

> that will likely be a solution, b/c that wrapper file is put in place if the
libcxx from clang is not used. Seems a configuration mismatch: to use libcxx,
the cmake machinery needs to be told to do so (-Dlibcxx=ON IIRC), as it's off
by default.

> Sorry, is my first ever pip and had to intermarry python and C++ installs
w/o
wanting to rewrite the infrastructure. :} I'll have to look how to provide
these extra arguments to cmake, but should be possible. I don't think libcxx
has been tested outside MacOS X, though.

> Best regards,
            Wim
\--
WLavrijsen at lbl.gov -- +1 (510) 486 6411 -- www.lavrijsen.net