[pypy-dev] PyPy 3.3? (and: informal Cape Town sprint)

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Sep 17 05:02:42 EDT 2016

Hi Ronan, hi all,

Can we fix a date after which we stop needing to update pypy 3.3?  It
is a (minor) mess that, whenever I find a bug or small missing feature
in pypy 3.5, I usually try first to see if it should be done in the
py3k (3.3) branch or directly in py3.5.  In fact I would guess by now
that I have misplaced one or two such fixes.  Sorry about that.  It
would help reduce the overhead if we could all focus on py3.5.

At the start of August, Ronan mentioned the last pypy 3.3 release
being 1 or 2 months away.  Ronan, can you say what you'd still like to
do and what you'd like fixed first for the release?  I can help you
with that.

I suggest that we tentatively fix the date of October the 8th for the
release (this is just after PyCon ZA).  Then we can then focus our
South African sprint on py3.5.

About the sprint: anyone around Cape Town for the two weeks after
PyCon ZA is welcome to join.  We don't have exactly a plan so far; for
sure we will not be sprinting without some break days.

A bientôt,

Armin.