[pypy-dev] how to extend VTUNE support from pypy for application hot spot analysis

Wang, Peter Xihong peter.xihong.wang at intel.com
Mon Aug 1 18:46:56 EDT 2016

Hi Armin,

As far as I know (my team members tried this), vmprof does not allow us to attach to a running process? We will evaluate https://github.com/vmprof/vmprof-python if you think it's doable.

Regarding to license, you could get free version as an active Open Source contributor: https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software, click on "Open Source Contributor".   Please let me know how it works for you.  Also, would you need a Windows version of VTUNE as well?

As far as feature is concerned, hot spot analysis on JITed code, mapping to source codes, along with getting other info, such as getting microarchitecture statistics, all on the same time, are also important to us.

Best Regards,

Peter