[pypy-dev] jitlog 2.0

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Apr 29 11:14:32 EDT 2016

Hi Richard,

On 29 April 2016 at 16:54, Richard Plangger <planrichi at gmail.com> wrote:
> * Feature parity with the old jitviewer (what is missing?)

A few "obvious" things from my point of view:

1. Showing the descrs is very useful.  Currently, we get "p6 =
getfield_gc_r(p0)"... thank you, but that's not enough to deduce
anything about what is being read from what :-)

2. We don't know where a "jump" instruction is jumping to.

3. It would help to navigate if there was a way to go from a bridge
back to the loop (or bridge) where it originates.  Currently, even if
we start from the loop and click on the bridge, I don't see a way to
come back, and I can't use the browser "back" button either.

Thanks for doing this!  What I'm not listing here is all the new
things that are definitely better than they used to be :-)

A bientôt,

Armin.