[pypy-dev] Working version of pypy3 that support Python 3.3

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Wed Oct 7 13:26:28 CEST 2015

Hi Ofir,

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Ofir Shwartz <ofirshw at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any update on that matter?
> I tried it now and got the same results for the most updated jit and no-jit
> pypy3.3.

I looked into it a bit more.  (I think it's sad that no-one had a look
since June, but I suppose it just shows that our pypy3 involvement is
rather thin.)  The problem is not that the archive is incomplete; it
is complete as far as I can see.  The problem is that the binary only
works if it runs inside a directory with exactly the same name as it
was compiled with.

The crash I get is in _getfilesystemencoding, called from
pypy/module/sys/__init__py:startup().  It is indeed extremely early,
before we have got any chance to set up sys.path correctly.  I tried
to fix the problem but gave up after hitting several nested issues.
The failing check is pushed in 88a921f5ae6b; somebody please fix it
:-)

A bientôt,

Armin.