[pypy-dev] pypy 4.0.0 "Fatal RPython error: AssertionError"

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sun Nov 8 03:52:22 EST 2015

Hi Hakan,

On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Hakan Ardo <hakan at debian.org> wrote:
> A small adjustment to your approach that would cover those cases is to
> compare the values of the constants with the values observed during tracing.
> If they are the same it should be safe to perform the read, right?

Ah, that's a good plan too.  It needs to have a way to record what we
saw during tracing (preferably not in some huge dict), and we decided
long ago that the optimizer should not essentially look at the content
of boxes (apart to guide some optimizations).  For example, CALL_PURE
uses a big dict.  The problem is that such a dict would be much bigger
for all GETFIELD_PURE.

I'm still going with checking the gctype of the object.  It should
work in the same cases (and theoretically more but well).

A bientôt,

Armin.