[pypy-dev] (no subject)

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Mon May 4 12:05:31 CEST 2015

Hi Laura,

Thanks for kicking this off. Just a brief comment: I am strongly for trying
to get multi-language support into PyPy, particularly error messages and
docstrings. The actual translations would have to be crowd-sourced of
course, but there are various tools for that.

There are a few technical questions that need discussing, but those are
probably solvable.

(actually on the technical side I think there is a good reason why pypy is
well-positioned to implement this: our error messages are already a bit
different than CPython's, so code that depends on the precise error string
is anyway potentially broken on pypy.)

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich